Sunday, May 27, 2012

The blooms just keep on coming!

When I decided to take on this iris gardening thing a few years back, I never dreamed I would be spending $55 for a rhizome.  But when I saw what was available in 2011 introductions from Mid-America, I was temped beyond reason.  Frontline is the first picture below.  I expected that it would take two years before I would see some of these in my garden.  For a couple I will... but much of what I ordered has bloomed... and so here it is:

The first bloom Frontline is very compact on a single tall straight stem. The ruffles and lace on this perfectly formed bloom are a treat, but the blue violet veining in the falls is unique.  

Frontline. Black 2011 TB , 40" (102cm) , Midseason-Very L
'Poem of Ecstasy' (Ben Hager, registered 1995) TB, height 36" (91 cm), mid season

'Hot Gossip' (Barry Blyth, R. 1992). Sdlg. X85-A. TB, 34" (86 cm), Early to Medium Bloomer


Siberian "Pink Haze"

'Mexican Moth' (Chet Tompkins, R. 1993) Sdlg. 87-19-60. TB, 36" (91 cm), EML
The unknown pink is back.. but now that I know what to look form I see that it has deeper rose epaulettes!

Unknown Deep Pink 

'Lace Legacy' (Doris Greenwood by J. T. Aitken, registered 1992) TB, height 34" (86 cm), Medium bloom season
 I dug a clump of "Let's Boogie" at Borglum's last season.  The cultivar bloomed true to its name.  Then this similar cold combo bloomed, but it does not have the orange star on the fall and the colors are different.

Not "Let's Boogie", LB3

Unknown Rust brown/red

Siberian

Siberian

Vanity or Vision in Pink?  I think the latter
 Nothing in my garden is more striking or imposing than Conjuration!

The Royal "Conjuration" reigns over the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment