Monday, May 8, 2017

The Medians are Blooming.

Here are 3 of my early bloomers:
First an tiny Miniature Dwarf Bearded (MDB) from Paul Black, 'Spot of Tea.'  It was in my garden for a few years but getting more shade than I thought.  Now it's happy! This Caparne-Welch Medal winner is a delight at about 5".

'Spot of Tea' Black, 1988 MDB
Joyful Love is Thomas Johnson 2014 introduction.  In my garden for 2 seasons, it has about 6 stalks. This is blooming at 14".

'Joyful Love' Johnson, 2014 SDB
 New to my garden this season, 'Lovesick Blues' from a Mid-America rhizome with 4 beautiful stalks in it's first year this is a winner! It's blooms are about 8" tall and its veined plicata pattern and great form is making this irisisan very happy!

'Lovesick Blues' Lauer 2007 SDB

'Stich Witch' snuck by me... it had one bloom which I missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment