Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Robert Van Liere 2013 TB Introductions

Robert Van Liere in Denver (iris4u.com) has introduced 10 tall bearded iris this year.  I am ordering from this source for the first time this year and have been quite impressed by the responsiveness of Bob to my inquiries.  At his website you will find some more detail about these intros, but I really find his lack of a flowery, pardon the pun, pitch for each new intro refreshing!  Certainly some detail about a feature that the photo does not reveal are in order, but some of the cutesy description don't speak to me.

This one has stunning veins in the falls.  It's really growing on me. 'Butterfly Kisses' is my second favorite of this lot!

'Butterfly Kisses' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
Carry Me Home makes think I need to have a bed just for pastel colors like this, another for bright colors and another for the glitz.

'Carry Me Home' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
Celtic Dancer is beautiful, but does not break new ground.

UPDATE: Thanks to Bob for a response to by blog.  He was positive for the most part but took issue with my above assessment:
We named this Iris Celtic Dancer because of it's definite coloration - GREEN - To me this is breaking new ground.  Many of the green iris or iris with green names are yellow and not green.  By naming it Celtic Dancer we wanted to capture the feeling it was green but apparently it didn't speak to you in this manner.  It is not green as grass or green as the Boston Celtic uniforms but it is greener than many of the so called green Iris presently out there.  Breaking new ground comes in small steps and our Celtic Dancer is a dance step in that direction...
Indeed, Robert. Photos are hard to judge.  And. as in the past I point my readers to the official AIS Wiki. 6 different photos can look like 6 different iris.
'Celtic Dancer' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
Now this is one I love!  If the photo is accurate I see a parchment where a edges have been aged in those falls.  'Crown Him King' is my favorite.

'Crown Him King' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
Again very nice... I am trying to see the standards of 'Dark Stormy Night' clearly. They seemed to be edged with a narrow band of pale lilac.

'Dark Stormy Night' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
 Very Nice. 'Dawn's Early Light' seems to be another iteration of the Honky Tonk Blues look.
'Dawn's Early Light' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
I love the rusty gold hues of 'Earthly Pleasures.'

'Earthly Pleasure' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)
The last three are also lovely.  I especially like the veining in 'Life Song Sings.'  Interesting name.  Had to look it up.  LifeSongs is an album by Casting Crowns a Christian Rock band.

'Life Song Sings' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)

'Rare View' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)

'Sorority Sisters' (TB Robert Van Liere 2013)


No comments:

Post a Comment